Cooperation between UAE and Azerbaijan
Today, the UAE and Azerbaijan signed a group of memorandums aimed at expanding the horizons of cooperation between the two countries, the most notable of which are two memorandums of understanding on electricity projects and clean energy exports.
The Signed Memorandums
The documents were signed in Baku in the presence of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Memorandum of Understanding on the strategic partnership between the UAE and the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Memorandum of cooperation between the UAE Ministry of Finance and its counterpart, the Ministry of Finance of Azerbaijan.
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Anvar Gargash Diplomatic Academy and the Azerbaijan Diplomatic University.
- Protocol of intent between the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment and the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan.
- Memorandum of Understanding on investment cooperation in electricity transmission projects.
- Strategic cooperation on clean energy exports.
- Roadmap for the implementation of renewable energy projects.
Strategic Cooperation in Energy Sector
A strategic cooperation agreement between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company ADNOC and the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic SOCAR, aimed at expanding joint cooperation in ensuring safe and reliable energy supplies in a responsible manner in a manner that supports the achievement of fair, equitable and orderly transition in the energy sector.
Discussion and Mutual Interests
The President of the UAE and the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan discussed the cooperative relationship between the two countries and the possibilities of improving them and expanding their horizons to wider territories in a manner that contributes to the achievement of the common interests of the two countries and their aspirations towards progress, development and sustainable prosperity.
Both sides also exchanged views on a number of regional and international issues and topics of mutual interest.