Phoenix Labs has released a new Update 1.86 for Dauntless. The following is a detailed overview of all the changes, fixes, and improvements implemented in the recently released version of the game. The Dauntless Update 1.86 can now be downloaded, but the file size could vary depending on the platforms, including PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X.
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
HEROIC RADIANT ESCALATION
Take on the Soulreaper Chronovore in the ultimate radiant challenge. Complete Heroic Radiant Escalation to unlock the Crest of the Chronovore crown. Conquer all six Heroic Escalations and acquire each crown to gain access to the legendary Crown of Many Colours. Heroic Radiant Escalation enters the weekly rotation on June 23.
RETURN TO LIGHT: THE STORY CONTINUES
Each week brings more challenges and new story quests. As the Return to Light season comes to a close, Priyani has one last favour to ask of Slayers. Perhaps she’s finally figured out a way to rid the Isles of the Chronovore — for good.
RADIANT ESCALATION REWARDS
The Standing Paradox banner standard and the Beacon of Ages lantern skin can now be obtained by reaching level 25 in Radiant Escalation. If you have already reached level 25, you can claim these items from your inbox.
In Radiant Escalation, we’ve added legendary lantern amps that are only available with a particular lantern equipped. While rare, these amps are extremely powerful and mix up Escalation runs in truly legendary ways. The Shrike’s Zeal and Broadside lanterns were the first two with legendary amps added in 1.10.4. Now, Drask’s Eye and Embermane’s Rapture lanterns also have corresponding legendary amps.
- The Eye of the Lightning Rod legendary amp is only available to Slayers who have the Drask’s Eye lantern equipped. Using your lantern plants a pair of Tesla Towers that continuously fire at enemy targets.
- The Rapture Eruption legendary amp is only available to Slayers who have the Embermane’s Rapture lantern equipped. Your lantern ability is an explosion that leaves behind a permanent pool of aetheric fire that increases the attack speed of Slayers within it and deals damage to Behemoths.
- Reduced the range of the Shadowtouched Koshai’s Spreading Corruption attack.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Disabled Unbreakable Suppression, Immortal Suppression, and Bloodless suppression in Radiant Escalation. These modifiers would occasionally break, blocking progress in the Escalation. Modifiers from other Escalations have been temporarily added to Radiant Escalation.
- Completing Radiant Escalation can now appear as a daily challenge objective.
- Improved performance in Radiant Escalation.
- Improved a number of instances of popping in Radiant Escalation.
- Alyra can now perform a new Power Kick move to damage Slayers behind it.
- Added new visual effects to the Chronovore’s Temporal Mastication sync attack to better communicate when players are about to be captured.
- Updated the format of gathering objectives to be clearer.
- Modified many objectives to read more easily in various quest and challenge UIs.
- Objectives now correctly reference “aethercharged” Behemoths instead of Behemoths in “aether-state”.
- Adjusted fog atmospheres to improve performance.
- Common currency descriptions now accurately describe their sources.
- Fixed an issue where the reticle was missing during the Adamant Bolt attack.
- Fixed an issue where some clients would crash shortly after claiming new bounties.
- Fixed a number of issues with dodge-based objectives.
- Fixed objectives with unclear descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where objectives that asked Slayers to complete island events wouldn’t count participation from all players.
- Fixed an issue where the Andari Armour chest skin would appear transparent on body type 2.
- Fixed an issue where the hammer’s ammo clip wouldn’t appear with the Bomb Cyclone hammer equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Adamant armour pieces didn’t all have 3 dye regions as intended.
- Fixed a number of instances of floating or clipping foliage in Ramsgate.
- Fixed a number of instances of holes in the ground or floating shards of land.
- Fixed an issue where fauna could get stuck on islands.
- Fixed an issue where a Behemoth’s flee music wouldn’t play at the appropriate times during island events.
- Fixed an issue where an island’s explore music wouldn’t play at the end of an island event.
- Fixed an issue where some purchases didn’t display the correct confirmation artwork.
- Alyra weapons now display the correct damage numbers for Red Seals.