Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti expressed his satisfaction with the current squad of Spanish league and Champions League champions, ruling out new contracts this summer.
Previously, Real Madrid included German defender Antonio Rüdiger free of charge as a result of his Chelsea contract expiring and Monaco’s French midfielder Aurelian Chuamini in a deal valued at 80 million euros.
And Ancelotti’s two contracts seem to be enough, judging by what he said during a press conference on Thursday in preparation for the team’s trip to the US for a friendly tour put together by local rivals Barcelona. Club America and Italian Juventus.
Ancelotti believed that his team did not need more players despite the departure of Serb Luka Jovic, Brazilian Marcelo, Welshman Gareth Bale and Isco, saying “I have nothing to say about contracts, I already said it’s over.”
He continued, “We will not sign contracts with anyone. We are now in a good position.”
— BarcaTimes (@BarcaTimes) July 15, 2022
The Italian coach said he was ready to try Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard in an attacking position when France’s top scorer Karim Benzema needed to rest, adding: “We have a lot of options in this position. Benzema is the first choice, but we have to understand that it will be a strange season, different, with the World Cup (Qatar 2022 at the end of the year) in the middle, so we have to consider other options (Benzema rest).”
Real Madrid begin preparations for the season with a large-scale showdown on July 24 against rivals Barcelona in Las Vegas, then face América in San Francisco four days later and Juventus in Los Angeles on the 31st. Angeles.
Although it’s a pre-season friendly, Ancelotti admitted that “meeting Barcelona is never friendly: “To meet them at the beginning of the season is also good. We will both try to win here and put on a beautiful performance, as we always do in matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona.